After18 runs a successful supplementary school. We aim to support young people who arrive in the UK late in their schooling to gain as many qualifications as possible so they are not disadvantaged in the workplace.
In previous years we have supported students to take GCSE qualifications in their home languages. We are looking for a suitable volunteer to support this.
Home Language Qualifications Volunteer role:
- Build partnerships with schools who except external candidates
- Fundraise to cover entry fees
- Arrange transport to exams
- Liaise with schools re exam entry arrangements
- Work with students to understand exam requirements
- Identify students who are capable of GCSEs in their home language
- Liaise with Leicester Complementary Schools Trust
- Advocate for the continuation of community languages
Home Language Qualifications Volunteer person specification:
- To have understanding, sensitivity and compassion for the situation of young refugees
- Understanding of education/exams system – teaching experience preferred
- Able to represent the organisation externally
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Fluent in spoken and written language
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.