After18 is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer with an ICT teaching background, or experience in explaining ICT concepts, to lead a weekly ICT session for young people. The volunteer will facilitate ICT activities, provide guidance for young people working towards ICT qualifications and offer general support for young people familiarising themselves with computer technology.
Volunteers must be available on a Wednesday evening (5-7pm) in central Leicester.
The ICT Volunteer will:
- Work in one-to-one or in small groups with young people
- Initiate tasks or activities to promote learning
- Support young people working towards ICT qualifications
- Adjust programme of activities to young people’s needs
- Previous ICT teaching/tutoring experience preferred, but experience with explaining ICT concepts and information is sufficient
- Awareness of, or willingness to familiarise with, ICT course syllabus
- Compassion and sensitivity to asylum-seeking young people
- Ability to work within After18’s policies and procedures
- Able to commit for the academic year
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.