After18 is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer with an engineering background to lead a weekly science activity for young people. The volunteer will lead a programme of practical, interactive and fun sessions designed to enhance the learning of students studying physics or with an interest in engineering.
The Engineering Activities Volunteer will:
- Work in one-to-one or in small groups with young people
- Plan activities to reinforce theory taught at college
- Adjust programme of activities to young people’s needs
- Previous engineering qualification or experience essential
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience welcome
- Awareness of, or willingness to familiarise with, physics course syllabus
- Compassion and sensitivity to asylum-seeking young people
- Ability to work within After18’s policies and procedures
- Able to commit for the academic year
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.