We are currently recruiting a volunteer to support young people who are preparing to take their driving theory test. The young people we work with are always excited at the opportunity to learn to drive, knowing that it has the potential to increase their independence and expand their opportunities and skillset. Learning driving theory in preparation for the test can be very challenging for those who do not have English as a first language and have not grown up in the UK.
We are looking for a volunteer who is able to support young people to prepare for the driving theory test. This will involve going through the theory handbook with them, explaining scenarios and driving regulations and ensuring they have a good grasp of the knowledge needed to take the test.
The volunteer must be available on Wednesday or Thursday evenings (5-7pm) in central Leicester.
The volunteer may be involved in:
- Working one-to-one or in small groups with young people
- Explaining up-to-date driving theory
Volunteer person specifications:
- Hold a UK driving license
- Spoken fluency in English
- Compassion and sensitivity to asylum-seeking young people
- Ability to work within After18’s policies and procedures
- Able to commit for at least six months
- Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people they come into contact with
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.
After18 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people we work with. All staff and volunteers are required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check before joining us.