After18 works with young people who’ve had difficult experiences and have many responsibilities. We feel it is important that they have an opportunity to be able to socialise and have fun as a respite from their worries. We therefore offer trips and activities to young people.
After18 is looking for a volunteer who can support our trips and activities programme.
This role is flexible and does not require attendance at specific times.
- Research opportunities for trips or activities
- Network with other organisations about opportunities
- Listen to young people’s ideas about what they would like to do
- Organise trips and activities, including supporting with risk assessments
- Assist with fundraising for trips and activities
- Assist with evaluating activities with young people
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Able to work well as part of a team of volunteers
- To have sensitivity and compassion for the situation of young refugees
- Previous experience of working with young people desirable
- Able to represent the organisation externally
- Must be able to work within After18’s policy and procedures
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.