We are currently recruiting experienced volunteer science teachers or tutors to support young people with their learning. We have several young people looking for support with their A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics studies.
Volunteers must be available on a Thursday evening (5-7pm) in central Leicester.
Teaching/tutoring volunteers may be involved in:
- Working one-to-one or in small groups with young people
- Planning a learning session to reinforce knowledge from the subject syllabus
- Supporting young people to prepare for exams
- Developing and maintaining After18’s learning resources
- Recording and evaluating progress
Teaching/tutoring person specifications:
- Previous teaching experience essential
- Awareness of, or willingness to familiarise with, exam syllabus and exam requirements
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Compassion and sensitivity to asylum-seeking young people
- Ability to work within After18’s policies and procedures
- Able to commit for the academic year
- Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people they come into contact with
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.
After18 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people we work with. All staff and volunteers are required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check before joining us.