One of our activities is a weekly art and photography club, and we are currently looking for a volunteer to join this group and interact with the young people as they work on their projects each week. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about creative arts and supporting the wellbeing of young people.
The volunteer must be available on a Monday evening (5:30-7pm) in Leicester city centre.
The volunteer may be involved in:
- Supporting the activity lead to set up the art materials
- Helping to demonstrate skills and techniques
- Talking with the young people one-to-one about their work
- Passion for the creative arts
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Compassion and sensitivity to asylum-seeking young people
- Ability to work within After18’s policies and procedures
- Able to commit for at least six months
- Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people they come into contact with
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.
After18 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people we work with. All staff and volunteers are required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check before joining us.