After18 works with young people who are new to the UK and have experienced difficult times. We find that participation in sports can help to keep them occupied, fit and promote a sense of belonging. Some of the young people we have worked with have competed at a very high level, we even supported Olympians.
We are looking for a volunteers for an ‘as and when’ role to support young people to access sports in the UK. This role does not require attendance at a specific time.
- Work with young people to access sports clubs in Leicester
- Negotiate with clubs regarding costs and fundraise where necessary
- Network with sports programmes and clubs to promote opportunities to young people
- Ensure that young people are able to safely participate in sports
- Where appropriate liaise with sports bodies to assist young people in accessing coaching
- Confidence, enthusiasm and interest in sports
- Good networking skills
- Sensitivity and compassion for young refugees
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Work experience in a sports industry desirable
- Able to work with After18’s policies and procedures
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.