We are currently recruiting experienced volunteer teachers or tutors to support young people with ESOL or English, Maths or Science homework. Volunteers must be available on a Wednesday evening for this role.
Teaching/tutoring volunteers may be involved in:
- Working one-to-one or in small groups with young people
- Planning a learning session to reinforce skills taught at college
- Developing and maintaining After18’s learning resources
- Recording and evaluating progress
Teaching/tutoring person specifications:
- Previous teaching experience essential
- Awareness of or willingness to familiarise with exam syllabus and exam requirements
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Compassion and sensitivity to asylum-seeking young people
- Ability to work within After18’s policies and procedures
- Able to commit for the academic year
For more information or to request an application form please get in touch by phone or email via our contact page.